Someone who stops eating the products of an animal’s body is unlikely to forget that they also need to stop eating the animal! Taken from the thread Does the average vgt cause more suffering than a meat eater?
It seems that in the current vegan movement it has become standard practice to slander lacto-ovo vegetarians and to have a kind of moral supremacy over them. Although most vegans started out as lacto-ovo vegetarians they have a hard time to remember their own change to a more ethical existence. Read the rest at A case for lacto-ovo vegetarianism
Here are some books every animal rights activist should read!
- Making A Killing: The Political Economy of Animal Rights by Bob Torres
- The Case for Animal Rights by Tom Regan
- Introduction to Animal Rights: Your Child or the Dog? by Gary Francione
- Speciesism by Joan Dunayer
- Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet by Brenda Davis, Vesanto Melina
Find the rest of the list at Animal Rights Community books section.